Temporary Creative Worker Visa

Formerly called the Temporary Worker- Creative and Sporting Visa (T5), a Temporary Work- Creative Visa is a legal document which allows an overseas individual to come to the UK to work in a creative industry.

The idea is that the individual will make a unique contribution to the UK’s rich cultural life.

For example, the individual may be:

  • an actor
  • a dancer
  • a musician
  • an entertainer
  • a member of a film crew
  • an artist
  • a TV presenter
  • a fashion model
  • a photographer
  • an author
  • a choreographer
  • a director or producer
  • a comedian

How do you apply for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

You must apply online- you can find the application form here.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

The Home Office processes all applications.

You will usually hear back with a decision on your visa application within 3 weeks, if you are applying from outside the UK, and within 8 weeks, if you are applying from inside the UK.

How long can you stay in the UK on a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

The visa allows you to stay in the UK for a maximum of up to 12 months, or the time given in your Certificate of Sponsorship, plus up to 28 days, whichever is shorter.

Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

If you intend to work in the UK for 3 months or less, you may be able to use the Creative Worker visa concession instead of applying for the visa.

What are the requirements for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

To apply for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements:

What supporting documents are required when applying for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

You will be asked to submit the following documents when you apply for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa:

  • Valid passport and photographic ID, confirming your identity and nationality.
  • You may be asked to show your travel history from the past 5 years.
  • Certificate of Sponsorship from a sponsor with a valid licence. This is not a paper document, but it is a reference number which your sponsor should give you before you apply for the visa.
  • Proof that you have at least £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 continuous days from the date you made your application for the visa.
  • Proof of your relationship with your partner and/or children, if you are bringing them with you as your dependants. (E.g. you can provide a birth certificate for your child, or a marriage certificate).
  • Proof that your partner and/or children can support themselves while they are in the UK, if you are bringing them with you as your dependants.
  • certified translation of any supporting documents that are not in English or Welsh, which are signed by the translator, confirming the date of translation and that the documents are genuine.
  • Your tuberculosis test results, if applicable.
  • Any other information which UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) asks for.

Are there English language requirements for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

No, there are no English language requirements for this visa.

How much does it cost to apply for Permanent Residency?

To apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), the application fee is £2,404 for each person applying (correct as of December 2022).

You may be able to pay to get a faster decision on your application.

How much does it cost to apply for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

It costs £259 for each person to make an application.

The fee is the same whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK.

What can you do on a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

While on this visa, you are allowed to:

What can you NOT do on a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

While you are in the UK on a Temporary Creative Worker Visa, you cannot:

  • claim public funds (benefits).
  • start your own business.
  • stay longer than your visa allows- you will be classed as an overstayer and you may be deported if you do not leave the UK within 14 days.

Can I bring my partner and children with me to the UK on my Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

Yes, you can apply for your partner and/or children to join you in the UK, as your ‘dependants’.

The Home Office defines a dependant as:

  • your husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner
  • your child under 18 - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
  • your child over 18, if they are currently in the UK as your dependant

You must submit evidence of your relationship with your dependant(s) when you apply.

Your dependants must also prove that they have enough money to support themselves while they are with you in the UK.

You - or your partner or child - will need:

  • £285 for your partner
  • £315 for one child
  • £200 for each additional child

Click here to view the full guidance on bringing dependants with you to the UK on a Temporary Creative Worker Visa.

Can you extend a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

Yes, you may be able to extend your Temporary Creative Worker Visa, usually for up to a maximum of 12 months.

You should submit your application before your current visa expires.

You cannot extend your stay if you have used the Creative Worker visa concession to enter the UK.

You will need to supply your biometric information (your fingerprints and photo)- there is no fee for this.

Click here to apply to Extend your Temporary Creative Worker Visa and view the rules and guidance.

Can a Temporary Creative Worker Visa application be rejected?

Your visa application can be rejected. Your rejection letter will tell you the reason(s) why your application was unsuccessful, and what your next steps are.

Your application may be rejected if:

  • Your application contains errors or is inconsistent.
  • Your application is misleading or fraudulent.
  • Your supporting documents are insufficient, inconsistent, in the wrong format, or fraudulent.
  • You do not meet the minimum financial requirements.
  • You have failed to disclose any criminal convictions.
  • Your travel history is questionable.
  • You are in breach of any immigration rules.
  • There are grounds of ‘public interest’ to refuse your application.
  • The Home Office has made a mistake when processing your application.

If your visa application is refused, you may be able to re-apply or appeal the decision. This will all be outlined in your refusal letter.

Where can I get help on my application for a Temporary Creative Worker Visa?

The immigration professionals at Synergy Immigration Solutions understand the complexity of the UK’s ever-evolving immigration laws and the issues that can arise during the application process.

That is why we house all the support services you need for immigration applications, under one roof. This means one cost only, for complete support on your visa application.

We enjoy working with individuals who need assistance with their visa applications. We have years of experiences of helping individuals successfully submit applications across all visa categories.

  • We will liaise with the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) on your behalf- saving you the time, effort, workload, and stress.
  • We will offer clear advice, answer your questions and address any concerns. We are proud to offer a bespoke personalised service, tailoring our guidance to suit your needs and ensure that your application has the best chance of success.
  • We process all applications in an efficient and timely manner and keep our clients well-informed throughout the process.

It is vital that the correct supporting documents are in place, to ensure the application is approved.

We would always recommend that you appoint a specialist such as Synergy Immigration Solutions to manage this process for you.

Click here to contact Synergy Immigration Solutions and submit your query.

Alternatively, email info@synergy-immigration.com or call 020 3319 9564.

We will get back to you within 24 hours and we are more than happy to help.

About Synergy Immigration Solutions

We are a UK immigration agency, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). We are proud members of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association.

To find out more about Synergy Immigration Solutions and our visa servicesvisit our website here.

To contact us, call us on 020 3319 9564, email info@synergy-immigration.com or fill in our online contact form here.

Read articles on our blog here, to find the answers to your questions about topics such as student visasskilled worker visasright-to-work checks, and more.

Meet the team here.

    Get in touch